Saturday, January 1, 2011

Usher feat. Trey Songz OMG Tour.

A while ago on December 17th Usher came to the Verizon Center in DC for his OMG tour. I was so excited because it was the first real concert I went to, and he is one of my favorite artists. I got a ticket for the 6th row  with  235$ which is a good deal I think because we were right in front of the stage. The opening act of the concert was Miguel who is a very talented upcoming artist. The mood and the atmosphere was unbelievable, people were laughing screaming shouting dancing and singing. Then.. finally Trey Songz came on and the whole Center was filled with excited screaming fans. I didn't really know Trey Songz before other than the song " buttoms up ". Turns up he is a very attractive, handsome and talented artist. My friend who only came for Trey Songz was going insane next to me, which made me laugh because I've never seen her like that before. At the end he performed ( of course ) " bottoms up " where I could sing and dance along as well. After the left there was about a 30 minute break where we could grab something to eat or to drink but instead we took a ton of pictures of ourselves and the concert. We were told that filming and pictures weren't allowed during the concert but as soon as the lights went off there were light flashes coming from everywhere and the security didn't really seem to mind. After a while the lights went off again and dancers came on to the stage with long flash light-like sticks and shone them to the center of the center. Suddenly everyone turned around and started to scream again. Finally it was Usher's turn. The crowd went crazy including me when we saw that he was moving towards the stage. My favorite songs he sang and where you could hear the crowd loudly singing along were " yeah " ( of course ) " burn " " there goes my baby " " DJ got us falling in love again " and obviously " OMG ". Needless to say it was one of the most fun and amazing experiences that I got to have, and also a little weird at first to see the people that you only saw on TV or on the internet before. Walking back to the metro I thought my feet were going to kill me , I guess next time I go to a concert I should wear comfortable shoes rather than high heels. It wasn't until the next morning that I really realized what I got to experience and who I saw. It is a memory that I will cherish and never will be able to forget.


When Usher was right in the center































Usher on stage




































Usher's " Yeah "





Trey Songz 




Trey Songz ( this is when the crowd went insane ;) )

































The ending 









No comments:

Post a Comment